My Project365 / Project Life

So the scrapping world is all abuzz with Project 365 and Project Life this month, and while I resisted for a while, I find myself excited about it all as well. Mostly because I'm ready to actually do something with the thousands of pictures I take every year. I want to simplify, actually document and print these pictures and pages instead of letting them collect on my computer.

I decided to use this template set from Weed n Wildflowers because everything is done for me already as far as design. All the dates are set, weeks are numbered, etc. I just drop my picture in and journal. I need easy!

I'm also planning to do a version of Project Life along with Project 365. I want to do less scrapping, more documenting if that makes any sense. If it means just printing pictures and adding journaling in order to document our 2012, then that's what I'm going to do. It certainly doesn't mean I'm never going to scrapbook layouts again because I most definitely am, but my focus is documenting life and if I don't have time to scrap every picture, that's okay.

I've had lots of emails about this so here are a few links for you.

The Lilypad has a great new collection debuting today. There are lots of options for creating your own Project 365/Project Life.

I used this template set last year from Wildberry Ink Designs; here is the 2012 version.

You can read more about Project Life on Becky Higgin's blog here and here.

The Daily Digi has a great article and video about Project Life titled "Does Project Life Fit in With My Life?". This video really is what made me decide to move forward with Project Life.

If you don't already scrap and own Photoshop Elements, then maybe a Project Life Shutterfly book is the right option for you. You can find info about it here. There's also a good article on the Shutterfly blog here with ideas for documenting your life through pictures.

And if you like pictures better than words, here are a couple of what I've done this year so far.

My January title page:2012_jan7_title-web

My Week 1 page (clearly not finished yet):2012_jan7_1-7-web

And my Project 365/Project Life title 2012 title page using the Lilypad collection (linked above):
2012_cover-web

Comments

I cannot even tell you how happy I am that you posted this! I've been on the verge of emailing you "just tell me what to do!" for days now. And you just did! So, THANK YOU! I'm really loving the weeds & wildflowers template... ESPECIALLY since it's all ready to go. Do you know how many hours I spent hemming and hawing over the layout to use this past year?!
PS - I'm SO intrigued by the Project Life... but I really don't know if I have the commitment in me!
Laura said…
Look at you!!! Your eyes are sparkling again! Your hair looks adorable! Can't wait to read about the Lewis family adventures this year. Hopefully we can add some play dates in. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel