Surgery Update

Good news. I came home with all my own undergarments this time. ;)

Surgery was fine. Found out after the fact that Dr. W was concerned about something much more serious with the scar tissue, but it turned out to be a lesser problem so he just scraped it all out and sent me home with plenty of pain meds. My nurse told me I had to do 3 things: (1) be a couch potato for the next couple of days, (2) stay on top of my pain meds, and (3) don't shower for the next 24 hours. TMI?

My CT scan shows no new growth. The old pieces of cancer remain, but they appear to still be calcified so I'm glad I didn't spend the weekend worrying. The sermon yesterday was part of a series on Psalms 46 on fear and how God never changes and remains good despite our own changing circumstances. I have to admit that as I tried to soak in the truths being spoken, I was also praying desperately that God had not sent that message to us because He knew we were going to need it this week. Turns out, it was just a beautiful reminder of how great our God is and maybe someone else needed it for their own circumstances.

Psalms 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and are troubled, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.

 1. Concentrate on immutability (inability to change) in times of instablity (vs. 1)
2. Concentrate on faith in times of fear (vs. 2-3)
3. Concentrate on peace in times of panic (vs. 4-11)

My parents are here and taking good care of me. I'm going to soak it all in, hopefully get a good night's rest, and enjoy a yummy GiGi's cupcake tonight while I camp out on the couch with DWTS on TV.

Comments

Amanda said…
I am so glad to hear your good update! Hope you have a wonderful evening enjoying your cupcake and DWTS and rest.
Renee T. said…
Enjoy your cupcake!
When you are feeling better, you will have to get a salted caramel mocha to celebrate the excellent CT scan news!

:) renee
Kathy Reger said…
All wonderful news!~especially the fact that you came home with your own underwear! Lol! So glad your sense of humor is always intact!

Enjoy your cupcake, your couch, your parent's help, and DWTS!

Happy days!
Monica said…
Hooray! Enjoy being a couch potato!
Lisa S. said…
So glad things went well for you :)
God sure does sustain us and show us who is boss!
Bless you and enjoy your night on the couch :)))
So thankful for great news. And, thankful that God continues to grow your faith. Praying daily for you and your family as you prepare for lots of changes.
KM Angel said…
That's wonderful news! God is so good!!
KrisJ said…
Happy for the good news! Glad the surgery is over and that you have such a great support!!
Vicky said…
"Waiting to exhale..." I swear I am holding my breath right along with you and then relief washes over me at the end. And I think- where is my faith? I am so glad you shared those verses- apparently I needed to hear them too. Hope the pain is being held at bay with a minimum of pain meds and that healing will commence!
Whhhhooooohooooo!!! Love good news posts like this!
Erin said…
Sooooo happy for your great news!!!! And I'm so glad your parents are there and able to help you rest and recover!
great, great news! I'm glad that message wasn't for you. Or maybe it was (because of the move, but not because of your health). Enjoy couch potato-ing.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel