My Boy

So I think I've documented it well that Camden loves to read. And it does my heart good, because I love to read. As in, I was one of those kids that would put a book in front of their textbook and read in class. My nose was always stuck in a book. Ever since I can remember knowing how to read, I've read a book at night before bedtime. Doesn't matter how late it is, I read. It's how I calm down.

(I should probably note that now I have an iPad, reading in bed has gotten a whole lot easier. It's also gotten alot easier to watch TV in bed on that same iPad, which is why the amount of time I spend reading might have dropped in recent months.)

I have long been a huge fan of the Harry Potter series of books. Yes, I know I'm an adult, but they are probably my favorite books of all time. I've been waiting for years to share my love of Harry Potter with Camden, and Brian and I decided that at age 9, he was mature enough to handle them. Our decision was to read them together and not to move through them too quickly because while the first book is age appropriate for a 9 year old, book seven obviously is not.

So I started reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone aloud this summer. Camden hangs on every word, and I adore it. We finished it up earlier this week, and he immediately (as in that very night) started re-reading it on his own. It's one of my favorite things ever to see him get completely caught up in giggles as he moves through the chapters. We're planning to send Rory off to Gram and Gramps soon for an evening and watch the movie together. Cannot. Wait.

I *may* have asked him to change locations for a prettier picture background, but I did not have him pose - he was already completely enthralled with the book when I pulled out my camera.

DSC_4557

DSC_4555

This one is my favorite because I know that look on his face well.
DSC_4551

And for those of you who like things a little more centered and straight ;)
DSC_4544

For those of you interested in these kind of details, I used my 35mm lens. Settings were f2.8, 1/250SS, and 400 ISO. I've recently started using Kelvin again for my white balance, and the settings for this picture were 6670 (set manually in-camera).

Comments

Renee T. said…
Such sweet pics of Camden. That's awesome that he loves reading!
Joy said…
Awesome that Camden loves to read!! Has he read the books by Jake Maddox? It's a series of sports books - Ellis has read four in two weeks! They are small chapter books - kinda like Magic Treehouse. I LOVE Harry Potter too and can't wait to start reading them to Ellis!
Karen said…
Love this! Sam is obsessed, too. We have daily talks about what house we're in!
Karen said…
Love this! Sam is obsessed, too. We have daily talks about what house we're in!
We're anxiously awaiting Spencer to be old enough for the books too. It's gonna be a long wait! And, pretty white balance! ;-)
Karen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
I'm behind on reading your blog (clearly). You'd love the Septimus Heap series. Kinda like Harry Potter, but a little lighter. The kids and I just finished reading the first book together (I've read it at least three times on my own) if you want to borrow it. I can send it with Brian, just let me know!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel